Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Finding a Job

So I thought I'd give a little insight to the whole finding-a-job-thousands-of-miles-away experience. As any of those who know me will say, I'm a little bit of a people person. I love meeting new people and talking with them and what not. The more I can interact with them, the happier I am.

Well, our interviews have been done online and over the phone which goes against every grain in my being. I feel like a huge part is missing and our introductions are incomplete. You can't really get a persons personality on the phone or online, but we've tried our best.

Take for instance our new boss. He's 29 years old which is totally awesome because it will be great to have someone our age to give us the lowdown of the area. He owns two businesses and seems like a really driven guy. When we talked on the phone though, I really didn't get a real glimpse into his personality. Me being the person I am, could've spent hours on the phone, just talking his ear off trying to get to know him a little. I guess we'll just have to wait until we get up there, but I tell you, I can't wait to be able to shake his hand and put a face with a name.

I guess I'll have to practice the meet them after you're hired routine before I'm totally comfortable.

See you later!!!

No comments: